Kindness in words creates confidence. Kindness in thinking creates profoundness. Kindness in giving creates love.
Random Acts of Kindness Day was first created in Denver, Colorado in 1995, and it spread to New Zealand in 2004. 17th of February is National Random Acts of Kindness Day. An unofficial holiday in the USA that is growing in popularity.
Random Acts of Kindness can include just about anything, including something as simple as bringing coffee to coworkers at the workplace. The idea behind this holiday is to make the world a better place by spreading a little love, gratitude, and service around. Random Acts of Kindness come in all forms, large and small, and how you choose to perform yours is entirely up to you. Here are 50 ways you can be kind this day and…. every day.
1. Give compliments to others. Few words will take no time and could make someone’s day.
2. Hold the door open for someone.
3. Offer your bus or subway seat to an elderly passenger.
4. Let another driver looking for a parking spot know you are leaving.
5. Help somebody carry groceries to the car.
6. Leave a happy note in the mirror that says “you are amazing”
7. Smile at everybody you see.
8. Help somebody at the grocery store that might have a problem finding an item.
9. Offer to babysit for free to parents who could use a “timeout” to have a night out.
10. Return shopping carts at the grocery store and return it for somebody else.
11. Send flowers to a friend just because you care about her or him.
12. Leave extra time in the meter for the next person.
13. Send a thank you note for their friendship to 5 people.
14. Tell your waiter, cashier, front desk gym person, mailperson, gas station cashier, that you are thankful for them and what they do.
15. Donate blood.
16. Buy coffee for a stranger.
17. Run an errand for someone.
18. Let someone go ahead of you in line. Especially if they have small children.
19. Donate toys to a local children charity or nonprofit organization.
20. Offer a friend help clean out their closet. And donate the extra clothing to a local charity.
21. Participate or volunteer at a fundraiser.
22. Bring coloring books and crayon to a family shelter.
23. Cook a meal for a family with a new baby.
24. Volunteer at a local nonprofit.
25. Bring your co-workers cookies or a treat.
26. Reach out to somebody you haven’t talk to for a long time.
27. Leave nice comments to 10 people in social media.
28. Leave a generous tip with a special thank you note.29. Purchase a meal for a homeless person.
30. Make positive small talk with strangers.
31. Collect soda can tabs to donate to Ronald McDonald House for sick children.
32. Put a surprise love/thank you note in your spouse’s or kid’s lunch.
33. Send a “thank you” card to people who dedicate their lives to helping us – teachers, coaches, soldiers, police officers, firefighters to name a few.
34. Pick up the trash at a public bathroom for others to find it clean.
35. Give flowers to people that are alone Valentine’s Day.
36. Buy a small gift for someone. Just because.
37. Hold the elevator.
38. Share a Book. Pass it along to a friend with a “surprise” kind note inside.
39. Take a friend’s car to the car wash.
40. Purchase pet food cans, donate blankets, towels or toys to the local animal shelter.
41. Give unexpected thanks to the office cleaners, janitors, security guards, carriers, around your office building. Give thanks to those that ensure you have a clean, safe workplace.
42. Gather perishable food to give to the local homeless shelter.
43. Take an afternoon off, bring your kids, and pick up trash around your local park.
44. Pay for the person behind you at the drive-thru.
45. Call or email a company about a great employee or service experience.
46. Let someone in to merge during rush hour traffic.
47. Make a card for someone sick.
48. Put your phone away while in the company of others.
49. Wheel out your neighbor's trash bin.
50. Allow someone to help you. Let her enjoy performing an act of kindness.